The thought of dinner for many of us doesn’t cross our minds until the end of the workday or during our commute home. If you’re like me, the beginning of the week is easier having come off a weekend of grocery shopping and meal planning, but by mid-late week-things start to fizzle. If you haven’t had the chance to try our Zone PastaRx Orzo and Fusilli, it’s a great staple to have on hand for those nights when you just aren’t sure what to have or aren’t in the mood for what you had planned. Combine it with any other ingredients or leftovers you have in the refrigerator or cupboard or use these recipes for inspiration all at 400 calories or less.
1. Apple-Walnut Pasta with Chicken Sausage - If you are feeling daring, consider substituting a variety of chicken sausage with a kick like jalapeno. Calories: 328
2. Baked Fusilli with Zucchini - This is one of those recipes that’s great for kids as you can sneak in some extra servings of vegetables without them even realizing it. Calories: 381
3. Asian Cabbage Orzo Salad - The flavor and variety of this dish make it feel like it is something you ordered right off the take-out menu. Calories: 373
4. Fusilli with Spinach and Tomato - This is a simple dish with ingredients that are easy to keep on hand and don’t require additional preparation. Calories: 365
5. Orzo and Summer Squashes - Just because it’s called summer squash, you’ll be surprised at similar varieties on hand almost all year long at the grocery store. Calories: 331
Try all of our Zone PastaRx recipes. We have about 100 meals to try, all with 400 calories or less. And they're tasty, too!