Here are four benefits of being in the Zone, beyond losing weight, to reinvigorate your efforts all year long, including: slowing the aging process, eliminating hunger and fatigue, obtaining more focus and energy, and minimizing the risk of diabetes.
When we say goodbye to winter, we sometimes bid farewell to our weight loss resolutions. We’ve left the health club, reverted to our old eating habits and have given up.
Here are four benefits of being in the Zone, beyond losing weight, to reinvigorate your efforts all year long:
- Slow the Aging Process and Combat Chronic Disease
By controlling blood sugars and insulin levels in a zone that’s not too high and not too low, you can help slow down the aging process and reduce the risk of disease. Elevated levels of insulin accelerate aging and increase inflammation, a major risk factor of chronic conditions such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer’s, arthritis, osteoporosis and cancer.
- Eliminate Hunger and Fatigue Throughout the Day
Fatigue and hunger are caused by low blood sugar, which makes you cranky and irritable between meals. High carbohydrate diets put you on a hormonal roller coaster. We’ve all been there—2 to 3 hours after consuming that large plate of nachos or triple macchiato, you’re ready for more carbs. So if you want a taste of what real hunger control is, try our PastaRx. Typical grain-based foods are very carbohydrate dense and quickly raise blood sugars and insulin levels; they are referred to as high glycemic foods. After years of research, Dr. Sears has created a patented protein-rich food product designed to stabilize blood sugars and curb hunger for hours. This “super-protein” helps reduce insulin resistance, the cause of weight gain.
- Obtain More Focus and Energy
When you balance protein and carbohydrates at every meal you stabilize blood sugar. This enables optimal mental focus and control of insulin levels to access stored body fat for energy. You should never consume less than 25 grams of protein at a meal, that’s about the size of a deck of playing cards, but no more than 40 grams; that includes breakfast. This constant balancing of protein to carbohydrates, by following the Zone Diet, will reduce hunger without fatigue. You’ll be able to engage with your family and friends instead of needing a snooze after lunch.
- Minimize the Risk of Diabetes
If you are overweight, there’s a good chance you have insulin resistance and may be pre-diabetic. If you do have diabetes, you have two options:
- Go on medication—You could rely on your physician who will most likely give you a prescription that will lead to more prescriptions. Aside from being expensive, these drugs could result in health risks and serious side effects.
- Change your diet—If you’re not willing to jeopardize your health with serious side effects, try a simple diet that’s been proven to control blood sugars and insulin levels and helps reduce the need for drugs. To minimize your risk of type 2 diabetes, follow the Zone Diet which has been clinically validated to reduce insulin resistance. In fact the world’s leading diabetic research center in the world, Harvard Medical School’s Joslin Diabetes Center, recommends a diet based on the Zone’s principles.
With a little practice and desire on your part, being in the Zone can quickly become second nature and the benefits immediate.
In less than a month, you will create a personalized foundation for wellness to enjoy a lifetime of immeasurable Zone benefits starting with your very next meal. The best is yet to come!