Zone PastaRx is best way to stay “in the Zone.” If you haven’t already heard, it curbs your appetite better than any Zone meal you can put together in your kitchen, it’s excellent for weight loss and it’s a performance-boosting pasta for athletes. Whether you’re new to the Zone or a seasoned Zone veteran, you can’t go wrong. There’s no need to think about protein and carbohydrate amounts when it comes to Zone pasta. The pasta does all the Zone balancing work for you.
For a complete meal eat a serving of Zone pasta drizzled with extra-virgin olive oil or take it to the next level by adding some seasonings and as many vegetables as you like. If that sounds a bit overwhelming, simply substitute Zone pasta for the bread, rice and pasta in your current meals. For fast-and-easy meal prep, cook several servings of pasta at one time and store in the fridge. Here are a couple recipes to get started.
Zone Pasta Pierogi Plate
- 1 cup cooked Zone orzo (1/2 cup dry orzo)
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Optional for more flavor, 1/2 turkey hot dog sliced into rounds and 1 pat of butter
Place the orzo on a dinner plate, top with the sauerkraut and lightly toss. Optional, add the hot dog slices. Heat in the microwave for 60-90 seconds or until heated through.
Top with olive oil. Optional, add butter. Serve immediately.
Zone Pasta and Tuna Salad
Makes 2 complete Zone meals This is a great crowd pleaser, perfect for summer BBQs and picnics. Multiply the recipe times 3 to fill a large salad bowl. Dressing Ingredients:
- 4 tbsps. extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of one freshly squeezed lemon
- Onion powder and garlic powder, to taste
- 4 cups cooked Zone fusilli (2 cups dry fusilli)
- 1 2.5-oz. pouch tuna packed in water
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped bite-sized
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped bite-sized
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Optional, 1 stalk celery, chopped and fresh herbs of your choice
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients together using a fork.
- In a large bowl, toss the salad ingredients and optional celery and herbs with the dressing.
- Divide between 2 dinner plates. Serve chilled.